Monday, January 11, 2010

Turn the Other Cheek

The past few months I have been dealing with some unscrupulous behavior. I almost reached my breaking point last week, but with the hope and the belief that God does not put more on you than you can handle, I’m still standing. Many know I am a laid back person. My mantra is “You don’t bother me, I won’t bother you.” However, as you also may know some people like to ‘test the waters’ so to speak. They underestimate who you are and what you stand for. As I sit here dreading another week in a dysfunctional environment I am reminded of the saying most appropriate at the moment – “Turn the other cheek.” Lol. I chuckle because in an actual physical altercation this would not be my choice of action. Luckily, in my case this nonviolent approach is appropriate as no physical punches have been thrown.

In looking at the scripture, one is told to turn the right cheek and then the other. Well, after both cheeks have been bruised, your feelings hurt, and your loyalty betrayed, then what? I’ll tell you. Continue forward. This is not the time to turn to the left or the right. Whoever has just assaulted you is more than likely standing in your path and they are there to thwart your progress. Keep your focus and your eyes stayed on what lies ahead. Don’t look back once you’ve passed them. Where you are going they cannot follow. You are bound for a higher plane, founded on higher expectations, and summoned by a higher calling. Nothing can hinder you. What God has for you is for you.

Turn the other cheek and keep it moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment